ABC6: Don't Ingest Disinfectants to Fight COVID-19
Recent data from the Centers for Disease Control and Precention (CDC) shows that calls to poison control centers around the country have increased by about 20 percent during the COVID-19 outbreak, as compared to this time last year. Joseph Gastaldo, MD, OhioHealth system medical director of infectious diseases, spoke with ABC6 reporter Mike McCarthy about how dangerous these chemicals can be when ingested or injected.
"Some of these chemicals can lead to kidney damage and death," said Dr. Gastaldo. "Those agents are not meant to be used systemically. Meaning that they're not meant to be taken orally or injected."
You can learn more from the ABC6 story in the video player above.