10TV: Questions to Ask Before Sending Children to Summer Camp
Last summer, many children missed out on attending summer camp as there were so many uncertainties surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic. However, this summer, things look a little bit different with case numbers decreasing and Ohioans getting vaccinated.
Joe Gastaldo, MD, OhioHealth system medical director of infectious diseases, spoke with 10TV about questions parents need to ask to ensure that camp is a safe experience. Those questions include:
- Are the associates vaccinated?
- Are the counselors vaccinated, if possible?
- What does social distancing look like?
- Do they have the capacity to do testing?
- What does the drill look like if somebody there has COVID-19?
- How will I be notified if my child is exposed to somebody with COVID-19?
"Summer camps can be reopened safely this year," Dr. Gastaldo told 10TV. "They just need to have a good plan."
Do you need to get your COVID-19 vaccine? If so, click here for a list of locations and more information.
To view the full story, click on the 10TV logo below.